Our primary goal is to help any athlete in our organization explore and find the right opportunity to further their education as well as compete at the collegiate level.
National Coaches will serve as our Recruiting Coordinators
With many years experience our staff has developed relationships with hundreds of college coaches and gained knowledge of what the athletes and families need during their process.
Our goal is to educate our MWS families on how to navigate the Recruiting process and then provide support and guidance during the process. This will eventually lead the athlete to find a great place to continue her academic and athletic career.
Where to begin:
Below is a step by step process to make this journey easier for the player and their families. Start at the first and work your way through. We will be here to answer questions along the way.
Contact us with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruit Player Profile
Build a SportsRecruit Profile
- Create and online profile using sportrecruits: Create Here
- Include video on your profile:
- Game Highlights – clips of your best plays, Easy to make with HUDL
• Reach: 10-15 schools that would be a reach athletically (but based on their continued improvement in the gym, might be possible)
• Realistic: 20-30 schools where they are realistically tending athletically
• Reserve: 5-10 schools that they are confident they can play athletically
• Note: All categories should take their academic goals into consideration
5 QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER WHILE BUILDING YOUR TARGET LIST:
• Athletic: What Division and/or conference are you capable of playing for? What do your current coaches think?
Academic: What schools will you qualify for with your GPA and Standardized Test Scores? Do you know what you would like to major in?
Social: How important is school size and campus life to you?
Geographical: Do you want to be close to home? What type of campus are you looking for?
Financial: Will I qualify for Athletic or Merit Scholarships?
– Cast a WIDE net of schools. Better to start with a larger list and narrow down.
– Building your target list of schools is a fluid process. You can change your list at any time!
- Include your name, height, position, grad year, high school, and club. Be sure to express interest in their school and volleyball program. Address the coach by name to start the email (ex. Coach Zima)
- Include a link to your profile
- Include your Tournament Schedule
- Include your Coach’s Contact Info
Make the email personal, end the email with a question so they are more likely to respond back to you. Remember these coaches are receiving a lot of emails from many recruits, what will make your email stand out?
- If it is after June 15th of your Sophomore year, the coach can email you directly and let you know if they are interested. This is based on your grad year, position, and brief evaluation of your profile & video as well as their needs for that class.
- If it is before June 15th of your Sophomore year, the coach cannot email you back. They might email your coach or Club Director to express “general interest”. They will watch you LIVE (possibly several times) to watch your development and progress. They can send you questionnaires, camp invites or non-athletic publications.
- Coaches will then EVALUATE YOU (through your HS or CLUB season or possibly at CAMP)
Athletes will need to continue to communicate with College Coaches
Our recommendation is 1x a month with updates from tournaments, high school season, summer vacations, etc…
After college coaches evaluate you and you are in their TOP group of players that they are recruiting in your position & class then they will invite you for a VISIT!
Official Visit – College can pay for transportation to and from the college for the student-athlete, lodging and three meals per day for the student-athlete and his or her parents or guardians, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.
Unofficial Visit – Athlete/Family pays for all expenses.
- Coaches can begin extending verbal offers on June 15th of Sophomore Year
- Every coach & program do things differently, but they should communicate the details of their offer and a timeline (if any) to make a decision
- After making a decision, be sure to contact all of the coaches/programs that were actively recruiting you to let them know of your decision BEFORE posting your commitment on Social Media!
NCAA RECRUITING REGISTRATIONS & CALENDARS
Alumni - Coming Soon
Committed Athletes - Coming Soon
Uncommitted Athletes - Coming Soon
We are excited to share a top of the line recruiting platform. This platform is brought to us at a discount through the state volleyball association.
SportsRecruits is a platform for high school student-athletes designed to help with the recruiting process. If you are interested in playing athletically at the collegiate level, we give you the tools and resources necessary to be seen by college coaches. Utilizing our platform gives you total transparency when a college coach looks at your profile.
Your profile is home to your academic and athletic stats, test scores, highlight videos, and much more for college coaches to see. Gone are the days of searching for college coaches’ email addresses because our messaging system has all the up-to-date contact information and notifies you when a college coach messages you and looks at your profile!
We are excited to share a top of the line recruiting platform. This platform is brought to us at a discount through the state volleyball association. This platform allows the athlete to have two recruiting opportunities in two different sports. Once you have signed up for the platform you will get assistance from Sports Recruits themselves. Coach Terra King (link my email here) has been trained in Sports Recruits and would be happy to help. Your coach can also help with your recruiting needs.
The link below will take you to the MIVCA landing page with Sports Recruits for you to get signed up. Please use this link below as it is the only way to receive the discount.
*Volleyball players can use this platform for basketball too. Athletes can have up to two recruiting profiles through this discount.
Discounted SportsRecruit fee: $150.00
SportsRecuits can cost anywhere from $250.00-$999.00 without the discount.
To sign up: